Saturday, March 14, 2020

How to Redirect Your Mail in Canada at the Post Office

How to Redirect Your Mail in Canada at the Post Office If you are moving, be sure to arrange for your mail to be redirected so you dont miss anything important. These instructions are for having your postal address changed at the post office. You can also use the Change of Address Online Service to have your mail redirected via computer. Should You Redirect Your Mail? In order to continue to receive your mail at a new address, you will need to use Canada Posts in-person or online service to forward your mail. You can use Canada Posts redirect services for both permanent and temporary moves. When making a permanent move, you can choose whether to forward your mail for four months or one year. When making a temporary move, you can choose to  forward for three months with the option to continue on a month-to-month basis thereafter. The following steps apply to both residential and business relocations. Follow These 6 Steps to Redirect Your Mail At least two weeks before your move, go to any ​postal outlet in Canada and complete a Redirection of Mail Service form.  Pay the appropriate fee.  The cost of mail forwarding will vary, depending on whether your new address is within the same province, within Canada or in another country. There also are different rates for residential and business moves.The Redirection of Mail Service form will be sent to the postal supervisor for your old address.Ask for change of address cards.Complete the change of address cards and send them to all your regular correspondents, including your bank, credit card companies  and other companies with which you regularly do business.If you still want your mail redirected after the initial period, go to a postal outlet and renew the service before the redirect period has ended. Pay the current fee. Additional Considerations Note that mail can be redirected to any other address in Canada, in the United States  and to many international addresses. For security reasons, youll need to show two pieces of identification, preferably photo ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.